Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates
2013 - 2017
I work with cities and towns across the United States to redesign streets and public places, making them safer and more enjoyable places to be.
- I perform research analysis and data collection
- I produce maps and diagrams that convey data and conceptual ideas
- I generate renderings and plans that illustrate design recommendations
2015 - Present
I write a column about planning and architecture for a monthly lifestyle magazine read by over 400,000 people in print and one million online.
- I work with editorial staff to generate and execute column ideas
- I analyze and comment on trends in transportation, housing, demographics, and culture in the DC area
I edited content and crafted an editorial calendar for a DC-area blog about planning and transportation read by over 200,000 people each month.
- I trained and mentored new contributors
- I organized monthly social events around the DC area attracting 30-100 people
- As a current member of Greater Greater Washington's editorial board, I provide guidance and advice on the blog's mission and written content.
Greater Greater Washington
2013 - 2014, 2017
I led research and data collection for a boutique DC-area economic consulting firm, including a retail study of a gentrifying commercial corridor in DC. I interviewed business owners, assessed rapidly changing market conditions, and developed recommendations for the distribution of small business assistance grants.
Jon Stover + Associates
I advised a project team on the urban design of a transit-oriented development surrounding a major, intercity rail station. I developed concepts for building massing and a public space network in a new neighborhood proposed around the station.
Hickok Cole Architects
- Master of City Planning, University of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture, University of Maryland, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Maryland, 2009