Telling the story of our evolving cities and suburbs.
For over a decade, I've written about how changes in demographics, changes in technology, and changes in how we live and work are reshaping our communities. I focus on the DC area, which has emerged as a laboratory for these trends. My work has appeared in multiple publications, including Washingtonian Magazine, CityLab, the New York Times, and the Washington Post.
Recently published writing
- "Why developers are eyeballing DC's churches as their next project," Washingtonian Magazine, May 2017
- "Stop hating on suburban town centers. Real cities could learn a lot from them," Washingtonian Magazine, November 2016
- "Silver Spring's blank canvas," Washington Post, August 19, 2016
- "Farragut Square is great. Franklin Square stinks. Here's why.", Washingtonian Magazine, February 2016
- "A U.S. Co-Working Space Aimed at the African Diaspora," CityLab, January 14, 2016